Children’s ipad app – Go away, Big Green Monster by Ed Emberley
Available from: App Store, itunes.
Suitable for: iPad, iPod, iPhone .
Initial Reaction: Simple, strong graphics and lettering. Options to read myself, sing along, read along with Ed Emberley, read along with a friend (child voice reading). Effectively the very popular book for preschoolers brought to life on the ipad!
- Easy navigation – like turning the page of a book.
- Simple, clear pictures
- Teach young children colour recognition and familiarise them with facial features
- Good fun to keep children amused.
- Lots of options to read yourself or be guided through the story by either adult or child voice. This would increase its appeal to older children who are learning to read.
- Singalong version is great fun!
Value for money? Great value for amusing children and educational as well.
Overall Reaction: We weren’t familiar with this story before and my 4 year old and 2 year old really enjoyed the story. The 2 year old particularly came back to watching it more and more often. I think it is something he will continue to enjoy.