Never one to turn down cakes, my little Tuesday morning cake club was sent a few cakes to try out from the new Aunt Bessie’s cake range.
We were sent a Lightly Fruited Cake £2.30 and a Jam and Coconut Cake £1.50. As I am not a fruit cake or coconut fan I left it up to the other ladies to taste test for me. This is what they said.
“Not too heavy”
“A bit on the dry side”
A good taste but too dry for me”
Jam & Coconut
“This is really nice”
“Tastes lovely but a bit on the small side”
“Lovely and moist”
“Thumbs up for me”
The group liked them but they did find the Fruit Cake on the dry side and the coconut cake was too small but we are a bit greedy when it comes to cake!
Also available in the range is Carrot Cake , Sticky Ginger Cake, Chocolate Cake, Jam Bakes, Bakewell tarts and Raspberry and Coconut Tarts. Prices start from £1.25.
Ella’s Kitchen have created the world’s first edible forest for little ones, made entirely of organic fruit and vegetables.
The toddler sized forest – designed to introduce little ones to a world of healthy eating – features over 600 kilos of fruit and veg and took a team of six people over 460 hours to create. Little ones can help themselves to tasters of over 23 different fruits and vegetables as they explore the forest, from carrot hedgehogs and pepper flowers, to cherry tomato trees and lentil pathways.
The edible forest has been launched by Ella’s Kitchen to celebrate the launch of its new toddler meals range which features six recipes for growing toddlers, each bursting with at least five different fruits and vegetables.
The forest, which stands at just 1.8m high making it perfect for little ones to explore, has been created specifically with adventurous (and hungry) toddlers in mind. Research shows that if little ones play with their food using all their senses, they are more likely to eat their greens at meal times!
Visit www.ellaskitchen.co.uk or www.facebook.com/ellaskitchen for more information.
This is the 3rd Ozeri product we have had and we weren’t disappointed. They are packed full of useful features such as the kitchen timer.
It has a nice big display; it moves quickly from unit to unit and has a precision tare function.
They look nice in the kitchen and takes up little room.
- Newly design with a capacity range from 0.05 oz to 12 lbs (1 gram to 5.4 kg), the Pro II features a bulit-in countdown kitchen timer with 3 alarm modes (audible beep, blinking LED, or combined).
- Precision tare feature subtracts the weight of the container for the net weight of the ingredients; easy unit button instantly converts between oz, g, lbs, and kg.
- Large screen features a bright LCD with an improved viewing angle for the on-the-go cook.
- Oversized buttons generate audible click confirmation; 3-minute automatic turn-off preserves battery life.
- Finished in elegant chrome and sized for easy storage and portability; ships with 2 AAA batteries included.
A great set of scales for any cook!
These can be purchased from Amazon and are currently £9.95
Last week Aldi kindly sent me a box full of baking goodies. I knew straight away what I was going to bake however I couldn’t share it until now. You see me and my sister threw a surprise meal for our Dad Saturday night and then a surprise party!! I had to make two cakes, one being very big.
This one is a chocolate cake I used Utterly Scrummy’s recipe. It has chocolate frosting on the outside, buttercream in the middle and decorated with chocolate buttons.
This one is a vanilla sponge with chocolate chips, buttercream in the middle and decorated with chocolate buttons and stars. I had to bake two cakes and stick them together.
I used Aldi’s Victoria Sponge recipe and added vanilla and chocolate chips to make it extra special.
I had to get some extra bits for the cakes Aldi had most of it in stock which was great.
We still have the biscuits and milk chocolate so we are going to make Aldi’s Chocolate Refrigerator Cake this week but we may use marshmallows instead of the Trial Mix.
All these ingredients are available in store permanently.
Do you have a fussy eater? I do. BG is better than she was and Baby Lead Weaning Little Miss is helping with this. But I do struggle to get veg inside her, she loves her fruit but veg not so much.
Fun Food For Fussy Little Eaters by Smita Srivastava (photography by William Reavell) is published by Ryland Peters & Small at £9.99 and is available from www.rylandpeters.com and is packed with ideas to help you fussy eater.
It’s all about how to arrange healthy food on a plate in a way that will captivate imaginations! The pictures do the talking…
I have one copy of Fun Food For Fussy Little Eaters to giveaway.
Just follow the instructions in the rafflecopter below:
Closing Date:26th September 2013
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Fancy something a bit fruity this summer? Well I have some cocktails made with POM Juices to share with you.
Apple and Ginger POM (Non-Alcoholic)
- 50ml POM Wonderful 100% Pomegranate Juice
- 50ml ginger ale
- Quarter fresh apple
- 1 nail of ginger
- 2 lime wedges
Glassware: Collins or highball
Garnish: Apple Fan
- Muddle the ginger, apple and lime in a shaker
- Add POM Wonderful 100% Pomegranate Juice and shake with ice
- Double strain into an ice-filled glass and top with ginger ale
- Garnish with an apple fan
Or if you are looking for something a bit more grownup try
- POM Wonderful Pomegranate Blueberry 100% Juice
- 50ml Gin
- 12.5ml POM Syrup*
- A drizzle of Cassis
- 25ml Lemon Juice
Glassware: Rocks glass
Garnish: Pomegranate arils and blueberries
- Fill a glass with ice (this is not the serving glass so a Collins or highball glass will be fine)
- Add the Pomegranate and Blueberry Juice, Gin, POM syrup, lemon juice and shake
- Fill your rocks glass with ice and strain in the liquid
- Top with crushed ice and drizzle Cassis over the top
- Garnish with pomegranate arils and blueberries
This cocktail is perfect to cool you down on a hot day!
* For the POM Syrup recipe and more delicious cocktails visit www.pomcocktails.co.uk.
If you would like to try these cocktails or the POM juices for yourself then you are in luck as I have a little giveaway!
I have 3 x £3 POM Vouchers to giveaway to one winner. So that’s £9 in total to try the POM Juices out.
To enter answer the question in the rafflecopter below
a Rafflecopter giveaway