Benjoy – Multigrain Bites
Melt in the mouth little bites made with rice, quinoa, oats and wheat and coated in strawberry and apple juices.
Price: £2.69-£2.49 for a 4 pack. Also come in single pots.
Available from: Ocado. Waitrose, selected Morrisons stores and Amazon online
Suitable from: 1 year+
Initial Reaction: I was dubious with a fussy eater if he would even try these. Continue reading
Suitable from: 6 yrs plus
Initial Reaction: This is a ‘decorate your own’ kite kit, and looked to me like the perfect ‘dad’ activity for my daughter and her dad to do together. Generally crafty sessions are done by me, but he was keen to get involved with this one.
- Everything is included in the kit – right down to the colouring crayons, so it’s a perfect ‘self contained activity’.
- A lot of ‘bang for your buck’ as they say! From making and decorating the kite to flying it, this kit provided hours of entertainment, and will continue to do so.
- Good value for money.
- Sturdy kite, which held it’s own on the downs with all the professional kites.
- For older kids (and geeky dads!) it also includes lots of scientific facts and flying information.
- I think this would make a great Father’s Day activity, lots of quality time.
- The crayons were not very bright (or perhaps our daughter didn’t press hard enough), but it just meant it wasn’t easy to see the decoration once it was up in the air.
- ‘Daddy’ struggled a bit with the construction instructions – even though he’s a good 30 years older than the suggested age range!
Value for money? Yes.
Overall Reaction: This was a really enjoyable activity from start to finish. Our daughter was very proud of her kite and couldn’t wait to take it flying. Brookite make a whole range of other kits and ready-built kites, which are well worth a look – there are some real eye-catchers on their site.
Fifi and the Flowertots gardening set
Available from: Focus DIY
Suitable from: None give – would say 2+
Initial Reaction: Surprise .Great and sturdy looking kit for litter gardeners.
- Very pretty set
- All perfect size for little fingers/hands
- Will encourage gardening/outdoor play .
- Light weight,
- Bucket could be a little flimsy and may break if stood on
- Knee pad again may not last
Value for money? Yes
Overall Reaction: I loved this kit and so did the kids, not only is it cute but it is also practical. Nothing is to heavy/dangerous and is just perfect for kids to play with (or help out mummy with) . The knee bad was great and really helped protect their knees. It is hard to say anything this – it is very cheap and great value for money. After about 4 weeks of being used most days it is still in great condition and the kids love getting in the garden with it. All little girls should have this set.
Vtech 3in1 Zebra Scooter
: from £31.99
: Vtech, Amazon
: 18 – 36 months
Initial Reaction: I thought this would be a great toy for LS to enjoy and one that could be changes when she got bored of it being a certain way.
- Easily change from walker, to ride along to scooter.
- Great bright happy colours
- Great learning songs
- Very stable product.
- Great design
- Lots of different things to do and play with on it.
- Basket doesn’t stay on very well.
Value for money? Great value for money.
Overall Reaction: Fantastic product!! LS loves it hasn’t stopped playing with it since she got it. All the songs are really cheerful. I love how it can easily it can b changed from walker to ride along to scooter and also how quickly it can be changed back because some products are really stiff and some can’t be hanged back once you change them. Really love this product!
Available from: Coolfans
Initial Reaction: BG – “wow for me” Me – I thought it looked a little flimsy and was worried it wouldn’t be powerful enough.
- Cools Food Quickly
- Easy to use
- Soft Blades that are detectable and can be wiped cleaned.
- No waiting for food to cool
- Hands free
- Fun looking
Value for money? Average
Overall Reaction: I thought it was a good idea in theory and in practice. BG is quite impatient and I found waiting for food to cool a pain. I would open a window and leave the food next to it to cool down. Our living room and kitchen is opened planned so BG can see when the food is cooked. I found the Coolfan to be quick and efficient. A great product.